Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Update

This is more rambling, but here is some stuff. On Sunday, we went bike riding with Mark and Ashley. Right before Christmas we bought a bike trailer for the girls to pull behind our (John's) bike. They loved it the first time we went out, but this time Maris was pretty fussy. I think Macie was squishing her. We may have to rethink the riding situation, get Macie something else. ANYWAY..... we went riding at River Legacy park near our house and we saw 2 bobcat babies and a momma bobcat! It was SO cool! The walked under the bike path through a drainage pipe and really didn't seem to care about us at all. We have seen the bobcat two other times at the park. And, Macie and her nature school class saw one last year on their nature walk. I wish I had had my camera with me. Sadly, no picts to post.

More food stuff:
I forgot to say in my ramblings some other food we are loving right now. Thanks to my cousin Lisa, we are eating what we call waffwiches. These are 2 waffles with peanut butter and jelly, made like a sanwich. Yummy!

And, another yummy thing is chocolate, banana, strawberry smoothies. I got this from Amanda and I think she got it from Bob Greene's book. Anyway, you take 1 cup of Light Choc soy milk and about 1/2 c of frozen strawberries and one banana. Stick it in the blender and yummy! I never really measure, but this morning I made it with frozen strawberries and frozen banana. It was thick, had to eat it with a spoon. It was like eating ice cream. Again... Yummy! And the girls liked it too. It is also a great way to use up fruit that is about to get too ripe. If we have bananas or strawberries that are getting ripe, I slice them up and freeze them. Then, they can go right into the smoothie.

Oh! I almost forgot! Maris is crawling!!! So cute. She is 11 mos and finally decided to crawl. Should be walking any day now too. Macie crawled at 11 mos too. I am excited, but it is going to change some stuff around here.

Ok, will post some picts of my lastest sewing creations soon!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

SO EXCITING!!! Your baby is MOBILE! look out! :)) can't wait to see how she moves around. each kid has their own way of crawling--so dang cute!
Your smoothies and waffwiches sound de-lish! must try!
I'm so impressed that y'all are biking around with the girls. sounds like a lot of fun and good exercise. take me in the trailer, please?!?!

seriously, what are you sewing up?? i wanna try something!!

Sara Moon said...

just made the smoothies and i loved it! lily didn't like it ("i like plain chocolate milk") and i put it in a sippy cup for natalie but she didn't really do much with it.
i'll keep trying it with them ;-)