Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sewin Fool




Here are some pictures of my latest sewing projects. I still have two more to do and I am kinda losing steam. One is a flannel jumper dress which I really need to make this week, or it will be spring and she won't be able to wear it. The other project I still want to do is the one that started this whole sewing thing in the first place. It is a spiral skirt my friend at church made her girls and I have been wanting to make it since October. But, I was intimidated so I tried the other skirt first. Then, I got distracted. Just as I am now... ANYWAY, I made the skirt in these pictures from the instructions on jcarolinecreative site for the peasant skirt. It is under the "How To" tab. You measure your hips or waist and then it calculates the rectangular pieces for you to cut. The instructions were so nice and easy to follow. They are for an adult size skirt, so I just cut the length of each one in half for Macie. Clarissa... You can do this if you want to try apparel. I didn't really understand the instructions for the waist band, so I did my own thing there.


The other dress was inspired by the fabric that Macie chose on the shopping trip to pick out the fabric for the unmade spiral skirt. The picture doesn't really show it, but this lovely fabric has glittery little dots all over it. It just screamed sun dress. I found this pattern for a pillow-case style dress. It's OK, but those little glittery things itch her and its a little short. So, even in summer she will probably need leggings and a shirt under it. Oh well. If you are interested, it is McCalls #5797 and was super easy.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

omg i am LOOOOOVING those garments!! you've insprired me! i was going to make a cozy for my serving utensils (LAME), but this sounds way more fun! i just might have to break out the machine this weekend and check out those patterns!