Thursday, February 12, 2009

crafties







I love Valentines Day cuz its so pretty. All that pink and red. Plus, I love any excuse to eat sweets, esp assorted chocolates. ANYWAY.... Here are some crafts Macie and I made. The cards are for her Nature School teachers. I thought the leaves looked like hearts and were appropriate for Nature School. The heart is a Valentine for the birds that she made at Nature School Open house the other night. It is a piece of bread, brushed with egg white and dipped in bird seed.

Our playgroup made those Hershey treasures candy bars covered in the mailing labels. That idea was from this link Sara had on her blog the other day. Too cute! I thought the kids could decorate their own labels too. It didn't turn out as well as I hoped. They were too busy I think. Oh, plus I forgot the markers. Ha! Macie liked the idea at home, choosing blue polka dots. We also made some yummy heart sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.
Tonite, I made some pretzels covered in almond bark with red sprinkles for John to take to work.

And, believe it or not, I'm not done yet. Maybe. I want to make some petit fours. We will see how that turns out. Plus, our friends are babysitting the girls on Sat nite while John and I have a date and they are going to do MORE Vday crafts. Aaaah.

Oh, almost forgot. The blue bird is from a kit of Martha Stewart puppets from Walmart. I haven't decided if it was worth the $ yet. Macie and I assembled them and then she did a puppet show for Maris. So, it was entertaining. They are cute and easy. Five come in a kit (bird, lion, bunny, frog, pig) for $12.
This is kinda messy and out of order, but it's late and I just wanted to get it up there.









1 comment:

Clarissa said...

wow, what a bunch of beautiful things y'all made!! so wonderful! i bet y'all had a blast! how fun! if i ever have kids, can you come and do crafts?!?!