Friday, February 20, 2009

Bubbles

Well, it's a sad day here at our house. Ms. Bubbles our little Beta fish died today. She hadn't been loooking so great the last few days. I told Macie Thurs morning that it didn't look good and she bursted into tears. John is out burrying her right now (11pm) in a red box. So, I guess sometime tomorrow between cheerleading, two birthday parties and babysitting her friends, we will tell her. I am wondering if she will notice. We had her for over a year. Santa brought her a Beta in her stocking in 2007, but the stocking fell off the mantle and the fish didn't last long after that. So then Macie and John went and bought Bubbles a few weeks after Christmas. It really is sad. Poor Bubbles. I didn't have the heart to flush her. And, I didn't want to make a big deal out of a burial, so I think this late night affair is best.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Ouch, that's rough. It's hard to explain death to a little kid. I agree, the flushing is just heartless. Good for John for doing the burying. my sympathies to you and yours.... :(