Thursday, November 6, 2008

CABLE!!

After 6 hours of installation, we finally have cable. I know it's ridiculous that this is what I am posting about, but it is seriously life-changing. We have on-demand movies. We can rent movies from our couch!! I was thinking that this wasn't such a good idea, beginning a week ago when it was all John could think or talk about and intensifying last night when John was drawing a sketch on the "preferred installation" method and worrying about how they were going to install it. When the guy showed up, he asked to see the computer and tvs. He was shocked to find out we didn't have cable or satellite. "You have RABBIT EARS?" Ha! Then, to John's horror, there was discussion about running wires on the outside of the house. So, John acutally left work and came home to supervise the installation. This is HUGE. It required removing sheetrock, drilling holes, 3 separate attic entry points and 6 hours of labor from the poor guy to bring us up to date. But, after all that, when he finally turned on the tv, I couldn't believe the picture on our 20 year old (really) tv. It was so clear! And, I didn't have to adjust the rabbit ears. I'm in love.

I had mentioned to the installer guy that Macie had never had cable and that she hadn't ever watched Dora. So, when he was setting up the tv, Macie says: "Where's Dora?" I didn't even know she heard me talking about that. The guy has kids and says, "oh, that's chanel #132", and it was on!!!!!!! Macie is in love. After he left, Macie asked if he was going to another person's house. I said he was probably going home, since it was 6:30. She said: "He must have driven a long way." I said I didn't know and she said: "Well he is from China, he's Chinese". HA! It was so funny. The guy is Asain, I don't think Chinese, but it was so strange she said that. I asked her how she knew and she said she just knew what Chinese people looked like and that he was speaking Chinese. He was not speaking Chinese, but did have a slight accent. Just goes to show that kids pick up on EVERYTHING! Still have no idea where she got that. I have never referred to a person as Chinese.

So, for now, we are in tv paradise. At least until the first fight over turning off the tv. There is an equal chance it being with Macie or John. Shoot, it may be me now that I have HGTV. Hee hee.

1 comment:

Sara Moon said...

Again, I have to say...FINALLY!!!!

You're gonna love it.

Let me put in a plug for BRAVO. Project Runway, Top Chef, Tim Gunn, I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting...