Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some updates




Maris is eating and sleeping much better! She has taken to eating without her hands and just diving face forward into her plate. Macie and I thought this was so funny yesterday when she got mac and cheese stuck to her snotty nose. It was really funny when there were two noodles stuck there, but I couldn't grab the camera fast enough. Unfortunately, she likes to eat that way off the floor too. She will dump her snack out and then eat them off the floor like a dog. Ha! (I know, it's gross and I do stop her). I guess that is why we have ants and also why I won't spray with chemicals.... so we still have ants.

I finally decided on Macie's birthday. I don't know why I was having such a hard time. Finally, it all just came together in my head. Thanks for all the comments on the blog & otherwise. We are going to have the party at home and it is going to be Mermaid and Pirate theme because Macie wanted to invite boys this year. It will involve our fabulous fort in the backyard, that is very soon to have swings and maybe even a tire swing, and some kind of water fun. We are considering buying or renting a big water slide. Macie and I made the invites, modeled after some ideas I found online and in Parents mag. The invitation is on blue cardstock, cut with wave scissors & blue glitter paint on top. The bottom, we dipped in sand. Then, I mailed them in a paper bag. The invite said to bring the bag for the scavenger hunt. I stayed up til midnite working on that Mon nite. I thought it would be regular postage, but the grumpy lady at the PO told me it would be 59 cents. I had to use two ugly stamps, one of a pitcher and one of James Michener in a Hawain shirt. Ha! Oh well. Cost more to mail them that make them.

About the gifts..... This was a hard one. I am going to just let people bring gifts. And, I think I will wait until she is a little older to try the no gifts thing. I still think she doesn't need anything else. Our house is full of toys, and you know what her friends fight over when they come play? AN OLD BROKEN CELL PHONE! Don't donate your old phone or recycle it, send it to me so they will all have one. Ha!
Now, I have to go clean up the sand that Maris dumped out all over the desk and carpet. I know, I was stupid for bringing it in the house.




Macie is out of school for the summer. I am looking forward to summer and we have a few trips planned. But, I think I will be ready for kindergarten. Macie is so bored already!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I am so glad that you got everything sorted out. The invites sound fabulous (you know how I love crafty paper projects!!!).

I have a box of old cell phones if you want some. Seriously. Just let me know.

Clarissa said...

awesome!! sounds like a totally adorable invite AND a fun party!! good for you!
can't wait to see the pictures! i tell ya, kids (and animals) are hilarious. Beso has a drawer full of little toys and her favorite things to play with?? Qtips and store receipts! sheesh!

A friend of Tonya's has people bring a $5 unisex toy all wrapped up. On their way out the door to go home, each person gets to grab one of the toys and open it at home (so nobody says "aw, MAN!"). That way there ARE gifts there, but they all go home with the invitees. Cute idea...

Shara said...

Terrific ideas once again! Glad you are letting her have presents. Just cycle thru the old toys and have her donate them to the homeless children or orphanage!

Tina said...

I would have to agree that getting her used to charitable giving by having her select something old to give is a good option. She still gets presents and she gets a good lesson at the same time.