Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mothers Day







I had to share these things:

Macie made a Mothers Day card for me at school. It was a Mad Lib-style form letter and here is what it said:

All About My Mom by Macie:

My Mom's name is Stephanie. She is 37 years old, has brown hair and brownish greenish eyes. If my mom gets to go out to eat, she wants to go to Burger King and she likes to be with the family. Mom spends most of her time cleaning the house and her hobby is playing with me and maris in the bathtub. She would love to take a vacation to everywhere. The best thing my mom does for me is put me to bed.

Hee hee. By the way, I hate Burger King. She said she couldn't think of anything. But, I would like to go on vacation everywhere.

These pictures are of some more flowers Macie picked for me. She LOVES picking flowers. This little vase is a tiny syrup bottle from Cracker Barrell. My grandma was visiting last week and it was her idea. It is so cute and PERFECT for the tiny flowers Macie finds. And, what a great reason to go to Cracker Barrell and order the pecan pancakes! (You get a glimpse of my new kitchen in this picture too. I am currently making curtains, then I will take a picture. My mom helped me get started... I may never finish). The other picture is of some dead magnolia tree leaves. Our neighbor has a magnolia tree and Macie is always picking them up and making a bouquet out of them. This time, we brought them in and put them in a vase. Add some rocks from the front yard and its not a bad look.

Some day I am going to figure out how to make my blog look nice. Maybe when Sara comes to visit...... I have no idea where these pictures are going to come up on here. Anyway, one more thing to share. Last Saturday, I bought myself a mothers day gift. Maybe I will take a picture of it. But, it is two interlocking rings, one says Macie, the other Maris. I first saw the idea here at nelle & lizzy. But, I saw that a lady was selling them here locally and was engraving while you wait. So, got me one.

And, finally, I am adding the picture of Maris cuz I think it's funny. She is walking around the kitchen with a bag of Pirates Booty. Maybe that's why she doesn't eat dinner...... (actually she is getting much better)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Roonie!

I'm glad to hear that dinner time is settling down a little now that Maris is getting a little less picky.

LOVE both your bouquets!!!

Sara Moon said...

Oh I'm just laughing and loving this post. I agree with Tina...I LOVE both bouquets and the display for both is gorge. I'm all into simple vases too. I've been saving every single glass jar and using it for vases or paint brush holders or marker holders. They're so sweet.
Maris looks hilarious mid bite. Can't wait to come and I'll totally makeover your blog! Heck, I may start from over here yonder! I love a good project to sidetrack me from housework!

Clarissa said...

a freakin DORABLE!! your macie is like freakin martha stewart over there! awesome! can maris be any cuter with her bag of yum?? awesome post!