Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fairy House


Pretending is so fun! When I was little, Paul and I had a family of mice (imaginary!) that lived by our stairs and we had a friendly ghost that lived in the attic. We had so much fun with them. Also, depending on how many times we spun around, we could turn ourselves into either Peter Pan or another boy (for him) or girl (for me). Some how I stumbled upon this fairy door on etsy at the faerywatcher shop. The lady was super nice and it was only $10. Now that I have it, I see how easy it was to make. She made it out of popcicle sticks and twigs with some fake leaves and stuff. I tried to convince Macie that a fairy made it, but she really wasn't convinced. She said a fairy could not have made it because the leaves were fake. But, she was excited about it and was all caught up in the imaginative part of it. She moved the door to another tree and we made a front walk with a welcome sign and she made a backyard with trees, pool, table and chairs, all out of sticks and leaves. It was fun. My original idea was to just put it in the backyard and wait for her to discover it. But, I couldn't wait and I wanted to capture her reaction on video.... SO, I kinda guided her to it. I wasn't too obvious I don't think. I was going to post the video on here too, but I don't have time to figure that out and can't find the cord to the video camera. Maybe someday, but I doubt it. Anyway, here are the pictures. I think we could totally make our own fairy doors!

3 comments:

Sara Moon said...

OMG this is so cute! I love the front "walkway" and the "backyard!" I bet you all had a blast!!!
Awesome post my friend. I can walk you through the video posting, too. Give me a ringy dingy one day and I'll show you how.

Tina said...

That is the cutest thing ever.

Clarissa said...

ok, you super-mom!! that's freakin AWESOME!! no WAY would i ever think of anything so dang cute and sweet and wonderul. you and sara totally humble me with the love and creativity you show your girls. sigh... y'all are amazing.