Thursday, July 9, 2009

Garage Sale!


Last night on my way home from Walmart, I noticed signs for a "HUGE Garage Sale Thurs ONLY". They got me. So, this morning, I drug Macie and Maris with me. Can't help it, its in my blood... love garage sales. Macie does too. ANYWAY.... Look what I got. It is a Kenner Family tree house. My FAVORITE toy as a kid. (Well pre-Barbie and Cabbage Patch of course). I about knocked Macie down when I saw it there on the sheet for $3. Ha! I bought Macie some annoying knock off Weeble Wobble one a couple of years ago, it just didn't compare. I have previously seen these on Ebay for TONS of money. If you have time and are so inclined, check it out. I looked on Ebay again tonite and there were listings of the complete set ranging from $10-$250 (buy it now price). I am curious to see how high the bids go on the $10 one. OK, I know, I'm crazy. Of course mine has no people and is missing a wall I think, but still. I HAD to have it. I thought I would see if Ebay had the people or furniture. The furniture was about $3-$15 a piece. And, the people were $15 each. So excited, had to post it on my blog! Macie and Maris got toys too. Macie got a talking Dora doll for 50 cents (that will probably see the Goodwill pile next week) and Maris got one of those round toys that you point the arrow at the animal and pull the string and it makes the animal sound... 50 cents. Tonite I saw signs for an ESTATE SALE nearby. I think I will hit it on the way to Maris's Dr aptmt tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I have been craving garage sales! Want to make a date?

Clarissa said...

oh girl, you're HOOKED!!
garage sales are DANGEROUS but superfun. LOOOOOVE the treehouse btw. i still remember when i got mine for xmas. it's like the rest of the world fell away and it was just me...and the treehouse. magical. does the little elevator thing work?? or was it a staircase? i know there were stairs that flipped up...right?? let me know if you ever run across the little fisher price record player!!

Sara Moon said...

wish i were there...