Monday, June 15, 2009

The BirthdayParty!











Wow. It was crazy. Somehow there were a million kids at my house. And, it was the hottest most humid day of the year. But, it was fun. Again, more random pictures. I had to make the cake twice, b/c the first one looked like crap. We ended up buying a high dollar inflatable waterslide for the party (and to use all summer). I tried to get it on craiglist for 1/2 the price, but the lady was such a flake. I just couldn't make it work with her. She lived an hour away too. So, Target sold it to me for the previous week's sale price and I got 10% off by applying for the credit card. I love doing that. I got the best deal from GAP. And, currently I have $60 in credit at Pier 1.... but I digress...

So, we had the crazy slide which was a hit. But, the kids went crazy for the treasure hunt, too. That surprised me. I thought they wouldn't want to get off the slide. Katy drew a map for me, I tore it in 4 pieces. The first clue we snuck into the pool at the bottom of the slide inside of a plastic bottle. They read the first clue which told them where the 2nd piece was located and so on. Then, they put all 4 pieces together to make the map and locate the treasure. I filled this small treasure box with candy and trinkets. They attacked that thing! It was funny.

After the party, John and I tried out the slide. It was fun. It was a pain to take down and clean and our yard was a swamp afterwards. But, we plan to get it out once every week or two during the summer. I hope it holds up. We read some bad reviews.

Oh, and presents galore! Ha. But, she got some really great stuff. A lot of art things and puzzles and games and stuff. I am definitely going thru her toys and donating some. The girl has too much stuff!! I'll admit it, she's spoiled. Ugh.

2 comments:

Tina said...

First, I want to come slide on that slide!! Will it hold fat adults??

Second, I know a certain parent who who also enjoyed a treasure hunt a few years ago. Do you remember that? You and I had so much fun that day.

Clarissa said...

Wow!! What a blast!! Loving the slide and. the. CAKE!! Divine!!! Wish I coulda been there!